If you are ever pressed for time and have guests coming over, this is one of those one-pot meal kind of dishes that will turn out to be a crowd pleaser. Works well for lunch-box meals too.
Tortilla wraps ( you can use either whole grain, whole wheat, spinach or any other wrap of your liking)
1 can Enchilada sauce ( i used store bought Old El Paso brand- the hot red sauce- you can also give the green enchilada sauce a try)
Cheese (Any mexican or pepper jack cheese will work fine)
1 can Vegetarian Refried Beans (alternately you can substitute with beans of your choice and saute it with some onions, garlic, tomatoes, salt and cumin-coriander powder)
Finely chopped red onions (1 cup)
Finely chopped tomatoes (1 cup)
Finely chopped coriander/cilantro (1/2 cup)
1 bunch green onions/spring onions- chopped
sour cream (optional)
1. Put the tortilla wrap in a oven-proof dish, spread about 2-3 teaspoons of enchilada sauce on it.
2. Next place 2 tablespoons of the refried bean mixture ( you can put more or less of the sauce and the refried beans depending on the size of your wrap)
3. Add some chopped onions, tomatoes and spring onions and about 2-3 teaspoons of shredded cheese.
4. Slowly fold the wrap and turn it over with the open sides facing down.
5. Pour about 3-4 tablespoonful or more of the enchilada sauce over it and top it with some more cheese.
5. Bake it in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
6. Pull out, garnish with some more spring onions and some sour cream and cilantro and serve.