Here's one dish that you can make in a jiffy and one that tastes good too:)
2 cups fresh corn
2 small capsicum/green peppers- diced into small pieces
1 small onion
2 small cloves garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
2 green chilies
3 roma tomatoes
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4th tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
1. Make a paste of onion, garlic, chilies and ginger. For saving time you can make and freeze the paste so that you can use it later.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a cooking pan, add the onion-ginger-garlic paste and saute till golden brown.
3. Next add the tomatoes and let cook till done.
4. Now add the chili powder, garam masala, turmeric and salt and cook for 5 more minutes so that the spices blend in.
5. Add the corn and green peppers and half a cup water and cook till the corn and capsicum are cooked but not overly done (about 10 minutes)
6. Serve with rotis.
7. If its too spicy add 2-3 tablespoon yogurt (I added some in my dish).
In the past couple of months, i tried out the following recipes ( i dont have pictures for all of them since my other laptop which had the pictures crashed before i could upload them) from Tarla Dalal and they turned out awesome- i hope you will give these wonderful dishes a try.
1. Fajeto- AKA Mango kadhi
2. Hariyali Daal (the one with spinach and chana dal featuring as the main ingredients)
3. Bharwan Lauki (Bottlegourd/Dudhi cored and stuffed with grated paneer, raisins, onions, cilantro and spices and cooked in a tomato gravy)
4. Methi Mangodi Sabzi (Fenugreek with mung dal vadis in a yogurt based sauce- a rajasthani dish)