This is one yummilicious soup from none other than Rachel Ray. My sis-in-law Priyatai gifted me this book titled Rachel Ray's 30 minute Veggie Meals as a graduation gift. The two things i like about the book are the wonderful collection of salads and soups that can be made in a jiffy and the spicy flavor that is so veryreminiscent to Indian liking. The only difference in the recipe as compared to Rachel Ray's is that i added sauted tomatoes instead od stewed ones and plain salsa along with some chopped chipotle peppers since i couldnt find any vegetarian chipotle salsa at any of the grocery stores.
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 red peppers chopped
3 medium tomatoes-sauted
3 cups corn
28 oz vegetable broth
1 cup medium/hot salsa
1 tsp cumin powder
4 tbsp coriander
1-2 chipotle peppers (depending on spice level)
salt and pepper as per taste
1. Heat oil, add the onion, garlic and peppers and saute till 3-5 minutes.
2. Add cumin powder and stir well.
3. Next add the salsa, sauted tomatoes, corn and vegetable broth.
4. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add in the chipotle peppers, salt, pepper and coriander and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander or green onions and serve.