Lajawaab

Friday, March 21, 2008

Mango-Strawberry smoothie

by Priyanka posted at 11:44 PM 1 comments



I came back home at 11:00 last night from my shift at the hospital, tired, hungry and craving for an icecream. And not just any icecream- i was dying for some from Cold Stone Creamery- especially the At the Cocoa Banana Cabana. But then P reminded me that i wasnt getting any thinner- quite the opposite in fact. And there went my plans of spooning off some rich banana icecream topped with whipped cream, banana bites, yellow cake and chocolate down the drain ( i know- i was drooling at the thought too). My stomach growled then, reminding me that i would still have to add some fuel to sustain me through the night. There i went, digging in to the back of my fridge and came up with some healthy options- Mango juice, strawberries, and apples. A light bulb went off inside my head and instantly i thought of making a smoothie. That would also help me use up these fruits that had been relegated to the back of my fridge only because i am too lazy about eating fruits. Just the way to enjoy during the hot summer months to come.


Ingredients

Serves 2


2 cups mango juice (or mangoes)
1-1/2 cup strawberries (should be sweet)
1 apple
1/2 cup milk (i used 2%)
crushed ice

1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them thoroughly. Enjoy it chilled.




Comments 1 comments
zlamushka said...

lovely lovely. My Tompa is nuts for smoothies and on weekends he always get one for breakfast.

Post a Comment

Feeds rss About Me

Priyanka
I love food and cooking !!

priyanka.deo@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe feeds rss Blog Followers

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Categories